Tuesday, March 23, 2010

No paint but getting close!

Here she is...waiting for my work to begin! (although she did have her textured brows already in this picture)

She just looks so much more charming and feminine with her head on her torso! LOL

I started the day yesterday but finishing her textured brows. I checked my work from the day before and refined it a bit then heat-gun set the brows. In this picture, they are still a little rough looking and had a bit of shine from the Genesis Matte Varnish that I used to create the texture.


Then I coated her whole head (and torso~that's as far as I got yesterday) with the Delta All Purpose air dry sealer. The AP sealer really finished up her brows nicely.


I like to use the Genesis Glazing Gel to create texture to my dolls nails. I just use a brush to create the lines found in real human nails. You can see that the last two nails on this hand have texture while the others do not. Texturizing the nails just adds so much life to them.


I can get to the nursery earlier today so I will coat her limbs with the AP sealer and get to painting her head and torso while that AP sets. I am excited for the end of the day to see how far I get.

~other dolly work~
Carter is waiting for hair and his limbs are filled and sealed with nails glossed. I am anxious to put this little one together as I love his size, his body and I have a darling outfit on the way here that might arrive today.

Aubrey/Ellie is waiting for her Mommy to choose eyes. I have touched up the area's on her that were of concern to me.

And last night...er...at 2 this morning I finished rooting a doll I have been working on forever for a dear friend. Yay!

Happy Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! You are moving right along!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah....moving like a turtle! LOL TODAY I will get some paint on her...Lord willing! Didn't get to it yesterday.

    ReplyDelete