Sunday, March 21, 2010

GREAT time at the Boise 2010 show~

I'm back!

Here is my table from the very small show in Boise~




Me proudly showing of my babies~


And a few shots of the show floor and other tables~

Loved how this bear artist coordinated her table cover with her vest :)

Gina and family of Nonie's Angels Reborns

Too cute...I could take home 10 of these dollies!

Beautiful bear work (I am sorry, I ran around the show and did not pay attention to all the artists names)

My table is all set up for the weighting and assembling the reborn doll demo~

There weren't any "paying" customers (I was charging $5 to cover the cost of the huge color handout I was giving to each attendee) but I went ahead and assembled the little custom "Aubrey/Ellie" and drew a crowd of young ladies~

Aubrey/Ellie all put together and sooooo cute and cuddly!

Look at those curled legs and toes!

This young lady thought she was really, really special~

I love going to the doll shows~even if none of my babies are adopted out, which was the case of this show. I get to talk to so many people...we were more steady with people at this show than at IDEX...and get to see and hold many different collectors and artists babies. This young lady made this reborn baby all by herself! I was very impressed. She is 9 yrs old.

And this young lady made hers too! She is 8. I love the lips that she painted on this doll. Amazing young ladies!

Another thing I love about the shows is that I usually take a baby from my personal collection. This is Giovanni, a solid silicone doll by Laura Tuzio Ross.

To keep him safe and out of the way, I would place him in the large tote that I brought the show babies in. When I opened the lid, I found him looking exasperated at his treatment! LOL

Thank goodness he had lot's of Aunties willing to cuddle him! This Auntie had never held a silicone doll before. She is forever in love with Silicone...and Giovanni :)

We did shop ALL day on Friday! We were buying clothes for Angelica...wow that was a lot more time consuming than I thought it would be. We arrived at the hotel after 10 pm only to find the hotel hot tub CLOSED for maintenance! OH NO! But they shuttled us to the neighboring hotel and it was alright but there were 10 kids in the pool! After 10 pm??? ~sigh~ Oh well....next time.

So back here at the nursery I am ready to finish up Aubrey, Carter and start on Angelica! I am very excited.

Oh yes and of course I brought home a new dolly! I little resin Ashton Drake doll by Sherry Rawn. I love her work!!! I have not take a picture of her and I bought her at a doll shop in Nampa Idaho, not at the show. I just bought some little outfits at the show and a Nu Nu doll kit by Romie :) I've wanted that one for a long time!

Hugs~

1 comment:

  1. Great pics!! Glad you had a good time at the show!!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete