Thursday, March 11, 2010

Aubrey/Ellie is looking SO adorable!


The Aubrey kit is really a great sculpt! I love the hands and how real the face is.
She is being reborn into Ellie as a custom "Budget Baby". A budget baby is a reborn that does not have all of the paint layers yet is painted to look as real as possible in fewer layers and who's hair is rooted much faster. Budget babies are weighted just the same as my high end reborns and they smell wonderful too.

I spent the day yesterday working on Ellie. I gave her an off-yellow color wash on top of the custom flesh wash of the day prior. Then I worked on her creases and folds, lips, nails and blushing. I should finish her up her paint today. She will have a little painted hair around her bang lines but I won't be doing that today as we are still deciding which color of hair. I am leaning towards a dark strawberry blonde.


This last picture is adorable but the color tone is really off!
Ellie has a Doll Dreams belly plate.


I did not get much done on Carter yesterday. I added a violet/blue color wash all over and that same off-yellow wash to his face. I did a little work on his lips too.


*******Angelica Head Size*******
Just out of curiosity, I measured my head size and then Angelica's. Mine is 21 inches....her's is 21 inches! Woweeee...that's a lot of rooting.

Debbie's Day Dreams Angelica sold for $5000 last night! I am so thrilled for her! It might take me a week to come down from the moon I am so happy for her!

Have a fabulous Thursday!



2 comments:

  1. Aww, super adorable! I'm sure "Mommy" will love her! Just as I'm finishing up my Avery sculpt (again...lol), this was really fun to see. As you know Avery and Aubree are sisters. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowzers!!! $5000!!!! Amazing! Your baby looks adorable! Can't wait to see her with hair.
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete