Monday, March 8, 2010

Colors of vinyl~Yikes!


Woweee, look at all of those colors!
I had time to piddle yesterday and had these three kits waiting for the Delta Sealer to be applied. (More on that in a moment)

It always amazes me to see so many different colors of vinyl!

The kit on the left is from 2005. Yes indeed, this is what we had to work with back then! What is that....orange? Brown? I don't know! LOL It is a Linde Sherer Sija kit~one of the most expensive kits back then. I LOVE this kit and actually had it up for sale for a while but pulled it since I love it so much. I reborned one of these kits in 2006 and really adored that baby and will do this one up as a bi-racial baby.

The kit in the center is the Doll Dreams/Didy Jacobsen "Jacky" kit. I think that Doll Dreams has the best color of vinyl. This one will be a budget baby as I did a little bit of work on this kit during the class that I taught at IDEX and I have done one of these kits already as a high end reborn. This will give someone the opportunity to have a wonderful baby doll at a budget price and due to the light color of vinyl, these kits are "easy" to work up as budget babies as they don't need all the neutralizing that the other colors do.

The kit on the right is Carter by Jorja Pigott. Jorja asked me to reborn this one so that she can have pictures for her website. I will probably keep him for a show baby~but he probably won't be done by the next show of March 20. His vinyl is very, very pink! I have begun to tone it down using a green wash. Today I will use a violet/blue wash.

***********************

Well, do you think that Angelica will arrive today?????



1 comment:

  1. Good examples of vinyl colors! I also loved Silja!! You mean Angelica hasn't arrived yet?? Well shucks! I thought you would be working on her by now.
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete