Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Ethnic Art and Magic day 2

I am figuring out where I have made errors in the mixing of my colors and the application.
I cannot stress enough that these paints need to be THIN for Ethnic tones, 
which of course mean that there will be a lot of layers.  

I don't think I will be able to create the color guide with this doll.  I have made too many changes to the original mixtures and my brains are boggled!

But I'll try again soon and hopefully will have a clear and easy guide to follow.  

Here she is after day 2.  
I have worked a little on her nails but not on her lips.


 As I apply the thin layers, the creases are beginning to be shaded.  They will get detailed shading later but this is a great start.
The mohair processing is going quite slow. 
I've had some issues to deal with this week with my body. 
One is very, VERY cracked thumbs and another is a big ole knot 
down the line of my shoulder blade.  Slipping on the ice and using that shoulder to balance myself yesterday morning didn't help!

I'll be delighted when I see my massage therapist on Thursday!

Have a great day!
XXOO

2 comments:

  1. Have you tried a heat pack on that shoulder? I make my own with corn (squirrel food corn) in a fabric pouch. It can be any size you want, but I recommend about 8x10, and just microwave it for about 1 - 2 minutes. aaaaaahhhhhh, gets rid of charlie horses and helps achy muscles. also helps pinched nerves. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes Sabriam~I use heat packs all the time for those achy muscles. Mine are filled with whole wheat which does not burn in the microwave. Never thought of corn~awesome!
    Every now and then the muscles just win. I attack them with the heat, Arnica cream, and as massive doses of Naproxin that is allowed per day. Yesterday only took 500mg~feeling MUCH better! Thumbs are better too. I'll be combing some mohair this morning and last night, I even rooted for about an hour. Good to be back in it without too much pain!
    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete