Thursday, January 10, 2013

Art and Magic Ethnic progress Day 4

I am still mostly doing skin tone layers.  I've not yet paid much attention to creases and details but she is coming along.

To reduce the "cool" look she had I applied two layers of Raw Umber and then more layers of ethnic tone colors.  I'll need to keep layering with the Raw Umber and also some cyan or other form of green later.

I've begun to lighten the palms and tops of her hands and soles and tops of her feet and I'll soon begin to blush them.

And I've done some brow work as well. 

Here she is so far. 




Here is a shot taken from a distance with my lens zoomed in some. She appears a LOT darker in the picture but the color is not true.  Once again, it gives me a goal to work towards:
It will take a lot more layers and fine work to get there!

One thing that I wonder is if the use of the Genesis Matte Varnish has made getting the depth of colors difficult.  The next ethnic that I do, I'll try it without the GMV and deal with the shine later.  
The colors ARE curing and do NOT come off after they are dry.  Hence the few little errors that she has from the first layer which was too rich and intense.  

My new OOAK did not arrive yesterday.  I am hoping that she will today.
If she does, she is going to absorb some of my time this morning  :) along with finishing up the processing of two batches of hair that are in the dye pot.

So that might leave me with little time this afternoon before my massage appointment (ahhh)
so I think instead of painting, I'll use those hours to root some on Nala. 
This sounds like a great way to end my work week  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment