Thursday, January 3, 2013

Beginning a new project: Air Dry Ethinc!

Over the years, I never fully perfected painting an Ethic doll with LDC air dry paints.  

I was just at the point where in my mind, I was ready to do so, but then the new 

So, I'm going on an adventure!

This is the kit I have selected, Alasia by Lorna Miller Sands:


Yesterday, I spent the afternoon coating her with Genesis Matte Varnish (GMV).
I opted to use the GMV instead of the Folk Art Glass and Tile Medium because I know I will be using a lot of layers of the Art and Magic paints.  
With any acrylic paints I've used, I find that the more layers that are applied, there is a greater potential for shine.   Plus, I love the visual texture that GMV leaves for Ethic babies.  

I'm setting Alasia aside today though as it's my last work day of the week.  I don't like to begin a new project like this with only one day available to work on it so I'll work with mohair instead.  

In the evenings for the next couple of weeks, I will be rooting on little Miss Nala Faber:
I was making this sweet girl just to make her and put her up for adoption but she has since been spoken for by one of my drawing winners from last year.  
This "mommy" could not decide on a sculpt that she wanted for her custom order but when she saw a preview for Nala, she decided that SHE was THE one  :)

I'm simply delighted!  

Tomorrow, I'll drop by to share some Christmas pictures and stories with you.

Have a great day!
XXOO

1 comment:

  1. I'm very excited to see how your Alasia comes to life with the Water Borne paints! I'll be doing an dark ethnic baby in February and I want to use these paints. So your Alasia will be sort-of a test run for me! :D

    ReplyDelete