Wednesday, January 26, 2011

In Orlando!

Hi everyone!
I have safely arrived in Orlando Florida....to a tropical storm! It was awesome!

One of my room mates and I seriously JUST got into our hotel room when it hit. We turned off all of the room lights and watched in delight. You see, we do not get tropical storms on the West Coast! LOL

Today was just beautiful. We had no real plans and simply took a walk on the nature path around the hotel, visited with Jill Jackson. retired editor of Doll Reader magazine. We ran into a couple of collectors and our friend Jacque, a reborn artist. Of course it is always so much fun to carry our dolls around and strike up conversations with other people here at the hotel. This hotel is huge and supports many different conventions through-out the year. And we soaked in the hot tub this afternoon....in the sunshine. For those who live in colder climates, like the three of us (Debbie, Becky and Sally), standing outside in January with bare feet is just thrilling! And it is just so gorgeous! I have not downloaded pictures just yet but when I do, I will share. We are having problems getting onto the internet in our room so have to keep taking our laptops downstairs to the lobby and I keep forgetting to take care of the downloading before I leave the room.

Tomorrow, many more artists and collectors will be filtering into the hotel. The Thursday before IDEX is always a very exciting day here at the Rosen Shingle Creek Resort!

Hugs
Debbie

1 comment:

  1. Oh what fun!! I so wish I was there soaking up the sun with you!! Sounds divine!!
    Enjoy
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete