Thursday, January 13, 2011

Asian boy, Lee, custom order WIP


Is that not just the sweetest little face?
This is the Emely doll kit by Petra Lechner. It was produced my Reborn Doll Kits (RDK) several years ago. (again, I'll talk about RDK, Simply Irresistible Doll Kits and The Reserve in a few days. All of these companies are run by the same person and should be avoided due to artists not being paid for their sculpts and customers never receiving their paid orders)


These first three pictures are of my work on him the first two days. This kit was PINK! A deep, mauve type pink. With the sweet face and the already dark color to work with, I decided that he would make an adorable Asian baby. My customer who simply wanted this kit reborn in my own way is thrilled to be getting her first Asian from me.
I did something I've not done before...I used two layers of flesh tone to lighten the pink and then started with tan colors. I followed the advice found on Brooke Nicole's blog for Asian tones for this. I think it worked quite well! Thanks Brooke!

These next two pictures are of him with all of his paint finished. It was different doing an Asian. Some of the techniques and colors I usually use were not used as I did not like the trial results. All in all though, he is just darling and I can't wait to give him hair. I am going to try something a bit different with hair on him....And I will leave you in suspense until I give it a test run on my test head, Egor. Egor has been with me since 2005...He is a horrible nightmare with all of the "tests" done to his head! I need to be looking for a new test head!



Mohair listings and mass mohair email coming soon!

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment