Sunday, October 24, 2010

Great weekend! I got a trophy!


But it was not for a reborn doll!
Yesterday, my husband and I traveled to Boise Idaho for the
"High Speed Pursuit at the Prison" 5k, 10k and half marathon event. This event is a fundraiser for the Idaho Peace Officer's Association that supports family members of fallen Peace Officers. They really made the atmosphere fun with a SWAT team at the start line, an old Warhawk fly over and scattered police and correctional officers along with the fire team and Life Flight to cheer us on.

I competed in the 5K walk, my first competition of this kind...ever!

I was pleased to have placed 2nd in the women's overall division. :) Although I kept my pace at what I thought was a good clip, I knew I was not first because the first place woman came flying by me in stride! She was fast!

My husband did not place for a trophy in his division of the 10K run, but he placed 5th in his age group in the mens run.


We had a really great time!



~In the Nursery~


I will be setting up little Miss Sydney's auction this morning and working on mohair this afternoon as I "gallery sit" down at our gallery.

It's a lovely, raining, fall day.

XXOO



2 comments: