Thursday, October 28, 2010

This and that~LDC paints

I've not been a very good teacher here on the blog lately so today I'll cover just a little bit of color mixing with the LDC paints.

My color guides are for sale on my Artfire selling site but just recently, during the class at EXPO, my students gave me advice on how to chart the amounts of paints I use when I blend colors, as it's pretty vague in the color guides~I'll be changing that. (See, I ALWAYS learn things from my students when I teach a class~I love that!)

So when blending colors of LDC paints, whether using my guides or going at it on your own, basically, most blended colors are to the ratio of 1+T+T+T...meaning one unit of the main color (the first one listed on my guides) and a TOUCH of the other colors. Hardly ever is there a 1+1+T. I've been paying attention lately as I make new colors, jotting down what I am using.

Does this make sense??

********************************************
I just have to share with you my WIP custom order, Robyn. She is from the Nicky sculpt by Jackie Gwin. This is the second of this sculpt I have worked on and it's always very fun! The first one was Ethnic/AA...I've posted her picture below this Caucasian version of Nicky.

She hardly has any color to her yet. I've worked on her now for 2 days with color. Today there should be some real changes as I move into coloring her creases, coloring the tips of her fingers and toes and adding all that glorious details to her nails such as half moons, tips and my special technique of extra added color on the nail beds themselves. I'll also build up her brows even more.
Not sure if I'll get to any blushes today.

Here is the first Nicky~I totally loved this baby! She has a very good home now:

********************************************

Well, my husband will be out of town and I have some BIG projects on the TO DO list! Two weekends ago, I moved my photo studio into another section of our house (in the office area) which freed up some much needed space in the nursery for my collection. Moving the studio was already a huge project as the area it went to was piled high with stuff we just have not done anything with for years. But starting tonight, the nursery is getting revamped! I am so excited to re-arrange and get my personal collection in an order where I can appreciate them more and have elbow room as I "birth" my new creations. Hmmm...do I dare take "before" pictures??? Eeekkk...that is a scary thought! (I did take "before" pictures of the office area where the studio was being placed but I'm waiting for some new backdrops to arrive before I take "after" shots of the new studio...am I brave enough to show you what a mess that was???)

I'll let you know tomorrow here on the blog! LOL

Hugs for the day!
Debbie

3 comments:

  1. Well, I for one, love seeing before and after shots of just about anything! :)

    And Nicky is turning out gorgeous already!

    Hugs,
    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Debbie!! Little Robyn is coming right along/ She is going to be a winner!
    Becks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh please do show before shots. I think everyone has the idea that they are the only ones who work in the eye of a hurricane. I bet you do do... Please share & do the reborning world a huge favor

    ReplyDelete