Sunday, July 25, 2010

Who are my favorite sculpting and reborn artists???

Hi everyone! Wow I had such a wonderful RELAXING weekend~it was just amazing!

Kate asked another brilliant question the other day:

"Just wondering... Who is your favorite reborn artist & sculptors? Who's baby would you most like to reborn that you haven't yet?"

And in all of my relaxation I came up with this answer:

I don't have one! LOL

Seriously, I just cannot pinpoint any one as I like variety in my collection and in my artistry and I appreciate the skills of so many and in so many different ways and....I am not a name chaser/follower. The sculpt and the reborn must speak to my heart~and it just does not matter who created it to me. I don't even have a favorite medium that I like to collect dolls in. I appreciate traits of all of them: silicone, resin, ooak, vinyl reborns, vinyl and silicone/vinyl collectors dolls. I even have a cloth baby that I love. I will have to add that I don't care much for porcelain....the look is fine, I just can't play with those dolls much. I do however have 3 porcelains in my collection.

Who's work do I have the most of in my collection?

Laura Tuzio Ross: 2 solid silicones, 3 manufactured dolls by Masterpiece Dolls and one Masterpiece Doll that I reborned.

Sharon Robinson: 3 mini OOAKs

Bonnie Chyle: 2 manufactured silicone vinyl Ashton Drake dolls and 2 reborn Ashton Drake doll.

Tinekke Janssens~Huti Babies: 1 full size OOAK, 2 manufactured dolls and one semi-reborn prototype doll (with my first full size resin on order :)

Sandy Faber: 1 manufactured Ashton Drake doll with a solid silicone in my future :)

I've got some Berenguers both manufactured and reborn.

For reborns I only have duplicates from two artists: Myself and Auntie Dawn who is no longer reborning but processing mohair under the name of Delta Dawn. I do believe that I have the last reborn she ever made to sell on eBay. The other reborns...well, I can't even remember who made them! Most of those were given to me as gifts so I didn't go through the normal adoption process and I just don't remember without looking them up.

I most want to reborn a Sandy Faber kit. I would have said Romie Strydom but I've got one in stock now and will be working on it for EXPO. I also would like to reborn a Marissa May kit too.

Babies and artists....I simply just love them all!

Hugs!





2 comments:

  1. Loved the answer. I feel pretty much the same as you. I don't care WHO did it if I like the kit. But, you're getting to know me now, every answer prompts another question for me.
    Soooo now I want to know:
    What, in your opinion, makes a GOOD sculpt.
    AND
    What makes makes a bad sculpt, one that you would never want to do?
    For me, ears are a huge factor. If the ears look like, I don't know, an after thought or "OK this is good enough" well that's a killer. I know ears are hard but come on...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well just keep them coming Kate! It makes the blog interesting and...it keeps me thinking! I don't take a lot of time to reflect on things but I need to so this has been excellent for me! I've jotted down a note to address this question in a day or so.
    Hugs!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete