Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Color coats on the head...and color coats washed off the head!



What ham! The above doll, which is totally unpainted, is the head from the Antonio Juan "Lillian" and a set of Berenguer limbs. She is one of the custom orders I will be working on.
If you click on the picture and make it big, you can see that her head is a different color than her limbs. So yesterday I set out to neutralize both head and limbs to meet somewhere in the middle and well, things didn't go too well on the head so I had to wash all the paint off and will start over today. I am using LDC paints without Genesis Matte Varnish as my customer does not care for the Matte Varnish so it was easy to wash the paints off with Dawn dish soap and lukewarm water as they did not have time to cure. The biggest problem I had is that I am so used to working with the LDC paints over the Genesis Matte Varnish that I forget that the paints need more time to settle/dry/cure and I tried putting too much color on too fast. So I will be working on this one and another non matte varnish custom order at the same time. This will allow more curing time between the layers on each doll.



Here is the blank doll next to my Lillian that I made into a portrait of my granddaughter Jena at age 2 months.


You can see that I have much work to do!

Have a great Tuesday!

XXOO

1 comment: