Friday, July 23, 2010

Meet Erik~Sharing my Collection Friday, ATTN Nina :)

Nina is a blog follower and friend. She asked me to tell about the little guy in the red striped outfit in this picture:


That is my adorable Erik. In 2006 reborn Erik from Sheila Michael's "My Baby Girl" silicone/vinyl baby doll produced by Danbury Mint way back in 2005. I loved the "My Baby Girl" doll and almost kept her as she was and added her to my own collection but I told myself that the expense of the doll ($150 plus shipping) was an investment in the business and I needed to follow through. So, I reborned "My Baby Girl" into a boy. Well, the oil paints I was using at the time did not stick. I had ordered Genesis Heat Set Paints so when they arrived, Erik was stripped and re-painted with Genesis HSP. He was my FIRST Genesis baby :)


Erik did not find a home on eBay and I still loved him so, even as a boy, that I DID decide to keep him! I am glad that I did. There is so much silicone in his limbs that eventually even the GHSP came mostly off and as happened often with dolls of this nature, poor little Erik got the "bumpy head syndrome". So he is not really worth anything these days but he had a sure spot in his mommy's heart~MINE!



He is incredibly cuddly...his limbs are so soft and his wonderful body made my Debra's Doll Designs (no longer in business) fits him so well adding to his cuddliness. He is my favorite baby of all of them to snuggle.




I adore little Erik and if someone even offered me $1000 for him, I would not accept. Even beyond the moral issue that he is far from a perfect baby, I just could not part with him.

Have a beautiful Friday!



2 comments:

  1. Aww, he is too precious! Thank you for sharing him with me/us Debbie! My Holly (Sheila Michael's "Sweetheart Rose") has the same super-soft limbs, and is the cuddliest baby I own.
    I love that you named him Erik, with a K. That is my father's name, and believe it or not, he is flying in from Norway this afternoon to spend three weeks in the States. He is also bringing my step-mom and my baby brother. It's been 15 months since the last time I saw them, so I'm very excited! :)

    Thanks again for honoring my request. I adore your baby Erik!
    Hugs,
    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Nina~no wonder he has such a special place in your heart if he has your Daddy's name! Enjoy your visit with family!
    Hugs right back at you!

    ReplyDelete