Thursday, July 8, 2010

Not quite matched on the JaLily vinyl~


EEK! No eyes, green skin and gaudy lips! LOL

In the above picture, if you look very close (click to enlarge) you can JUST see how the color wash of "rose flesh" (I'm pretty sure this color is rose+flesh~I had it already mixed up in my stash but failed to write on the lid what it is) is starting to neutralize the green from the bridge of the nose up.

I applied 1 layer of this "rose flesh", medium thin wash with a sponge cloth and pounced it in with a wedge.

And I began work on the lips. MY! They have a long ways to go! So far, I do not like them! But I will before it's all said and done.

And I've done some eyelid coloring.

The next layer I applied to the head is what I call my "Newborn Flush" color. It is a mixture of LDC colors: Red, Brown and a dash of flesh. (Don't forget the retarder, water and base matte! You can eliminate the base matte if you have first prepped your kit with Genesis Heat Set Varnish. I did not prep this kit so am using a good amount of the base matte for this doll.) I mixed it medium thin and applied it with a sponge cloth, pouncing it with wedges.

And this is how the head looked at the end of the day :)


The limbs still are not matched to the head...and it's the head color that is most liked by myself and her "Mommy" so that is what I will work towards when I resume work on her.

I added 1 layer of a mixture of Antique Rose and brown to her limbs, applying it thick with an oval-poured sponge cloth and pounced with wedges. I did some color work on her nails.

She is going to be delightful and I am sad to have to put her up to work on the Fussy prototype that will be here before I go back to work after my days off. On the other hand, I am excited to work on Fussy too!

The Aubrey kit is coming along nicely too. She is ready for her 2nd color layer and her lips and nails are colored (but not tipped).

Have a wonderful Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment