Thursday, July 15, 2010

A custom "Budget" baby is painted!


Meet little miss Aubrey! She is "Aubrey" by Denise Pratt from Bountiful Baby, in peach.
She is a custom order and what I call a "budget" baby, meaning she is painted with much less paint and will be rooted more quickly saving the buyer some expense.


I've done two of these kits as budget babies and have enjoyed each one. The kit is simply lovely.

She does have more mottling and color than you see in these pics. I don't know what happened while taking the pics but I just went back in to look at her to make sure she has color! LOL

She will get her hair, lashes and gloss oh sometime in the next week, I hope!

**********Update on JaLily**********
As I've worked on Aubrey, I have also still been matching up the color on JaLily's parts. I am very close now and I think one more layer on her limbs and I might have it and then I'll be ready to start one final color wash then creases & folds, blushes etc. She has been a real labor of love! Wow! I'll post the colors I've used the next time I post pics of her.

I'm off for a couple of days (I'll pop in tomorrow with another dolly from my collection) and...I didn't die while sending Giovanni off!

Hugs~

3 comments:

  1. Debbie you never cease to amaze. Aubrey has never been my favorite kit (I've only seen her on BB Gallery). After seeing how sweet your Aubrey is I may have to break down & try my hand at her,too.

    Shoot even you 'budget babies" look better than most of the babies on eBay right now.;o>

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. See why she is a great potential for the class Kate? And the peach color is easier to work with than the pink, at least *I* think it is. The sculpting details on this kit are amazing too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes now I do see. I have under rated her so far. I'm still stirring the pot on the class. Keep your fingers crossed!

    K

    ReplyDelete