Tuesday, July 20, 2010

How about that? I got my first NEGATIVE on eBay!

Well after 5+ years on eBay, yesterday I got my first negative feedback from none other than
porkchopsandapplesauce2010

~See the NEG comment~

Actually, it sort of speaks volumes, doesn't it?

I will be calling eBay shortly as they told me over the phone that if I closed the case manually that the buyer would NOT be able to leave feedback at all.

In fact, I just pulled this off of eBay's Unpaid Item Assistant page:

Sometimes getting paid for an item you've sold can be tricky. To make things easier and help you save time, try using Unpaid Item Assistant—a feature that automates the process of opening and closing unpaid item cases. You can set it up to automatically open a case after a specified time—4, 8, 16, 24, or 32 days after the listing ended.

Then after the case is opened, the buyer has up to 4 days to pay, and when they do, the case closes automatically.

If they don't pay, the case closes automatically, you get a final value fee credit, and the unpaid item is recorded on the buyer's account. You can then relist your item at any time.

Turning off Unpaid Item Assistant allows you to give your buyer more time to make a payment, and it also prevents placing an unpaid item record on the buyer's account automatically. Once you turn it off, you can't turn it back on for that transaction.

If the buyer doesn't pay, you need to close the unpaid item case yourself. If you don't, it automatically closes on the 37th day after the case was opened. You won't get a final value fee credit, and an unpaid item won't be recorded on the buyer's account. (This tells me that if you DO turn it off, which I did, that she should have gotten a strike which is what I was told over the phone as well.)

How it affects Feedback

If you're using Unpaid Item Assistant, it automatically blocks Feedback from buyers who haven't paid. As soon as it opens a case, the buyer won't be able to leave Feedback on your transaction until the case is closed and you've received payment.

If a buyer doesn't pay, an unpaid item is recorded on their account and any Feedback they left for your transaction before the case was opened is removed. If they haven't left Feedback yet, they won't be able to once the unpaid item is recorded on their account.

However, buyers can leave Feedback in these situations:

  • Before Unpaid Item Assistant opens the case

  • If they pay after the case is opened

  • If they successfully appeal after the case is closed (any previous Feedback left will be reinstated)

  • If an unpaid item wasn't recorded on their account after the case closes


  • *********************************

Are you as confused as I am??? LOL

Onto the phone....I'll try to update this blog today.

Hugs!





2 comments:

  1. Yes! Now I am totally confused and this points out why I don't use eBay anymore!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete