Thursday, July 29, 2010

JaLily color journal continued.....



This is how I left her last week with her limbs and head color not matching yet...



Her "Mommy" liked the color of her head best so I set out to match the limb color to the head. No, I didn't start her off wrong and end up with this unmatched problem, her head was from a Antonio Juan doll and her limbs from a Berenguer doll. The vinyl did not match at all.

So continuing from the post called "Not quite matched on the JaLily Vinyl", the last color journal for this doll, I have done this:

On her limbs I applied with an oval poured sponge: yellow, pretty thick with lot's of pigment. I also softened her lips with yellow.

Then: with a sponge cloth I applied a thin layer of my dark dark flesh color...and I really do not remember what colors I use to make that! Sorry!

I then applied a layer of my crease color using the oval sponge. (crease color is burgundy, brown, black, old brown which is no longer available but it made a wonderful purple color, blue and dark brown (black and brown mixed)

Then...wow....this is a lot of layers! LOL I used a violet wash, using a mop brush to apply. It was very thin and very wet. Of course all of these layers were pounced with a dry wedge.

And this is how she was at the end of that day. Pardon the oversized, stuffed outfit...poor baby looks like the Pillsbury dough boy!


I was able to do more work on her yesterday as I waited for the prototype "Fussy's" hair to dry from being processed/colored.

Oh...do you want a sneak peek of him?? Well, okay~

Have a great Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment