Sunday, July 11, 2010

Noah's amazing auction ending and the heartache that came with it

Did you see????

~Ending bid for Noah~

I was simply stunned! I had to watch the auction end from my very primitive cell phone as we were out working our horses (It WAS my day off after all! LOL). At the last 5 SECONDS, the bid was at $650. When I wanted to refresh, I just clicked on "Sold" in my eBay to find out who had won for sure. When I did that, the ending bid said $2000! I ran with my phone out to my husband who was in the middle of the arena working his horse. I asked him to tell me what that said. He said, "It looks like $2000, is that the ending bid for your doll?" I said "YES!" and we both stood there stunned....and in a bit of disbelief~we both had a "feeling". And here is what has transpired since...in a nutshell, otherwise it would take days for me to tell you.

I checked my email on my phone to find an email from the winning bidder AND one from the runner up bidder. The winning bidder asked if we could "chat" as she really wanted this doll. "Huh??" I thought when you bid on an item that you simply just paid???? Especially when no where in Noah's auction did I say I would take payments. I will work with people case by case but I prefer full payments to remove the hassle of it all. PayPal offers a "Bill me Later" option and of course we know that one can use a credit card through PayPal.

The message from the loosing bidder stated that if the winner did not follow through with her bid then PLEASE offer Noah to her before I relist him. Huh...she had a feeling too I guess!

The winner bidder said that she could pay half of Noah's bid THAT DAY and the rest in 30 days. I thought that was just fine...and waited and waited and waited to see that transaction in my paypal. It never came. In a nutshell, I finally got an email stating that she, the winning bidder, had over done it on eBay that week and had all these eBay requests to pay and could I please work with her yet she gave no offer of a clear payment arrangment. So I guess that made our current agreement nil. Well, not for me. I am true to my word so when the 48 hours after the auction came (My policy for payment) I offered a second change auction for Noah up to the next bidder who, amazingly enough, had ALSO bid $2000. Still trying to figure that tie thing out! And she has taken it and is very excited~ME TOO! Finally.

You know things like this rob an artist of her joy. I spent all three of my days off stressing over this and at my computer more than I should have been. The weekend was loaded with activity, even with family and friends coming from out of town. It is not right, nor is it fair.

I am sure that the runner up bidder had her share of stress and anticipation too as she waited to find out if she could adopt Noah.

So that is my story for Noah's auction. I think I will put a post on Doll Fan on what BUYERS can do to make seller's lives more tolerable! There was a post not long ago about what sellers can do for buyers so I think it's a good idea to turn it around.

Have a great Sunday! I will be Gallery sitting and combing mohair.



6 comments:

  1. wow, congrats!!!!! I'm so glad it ended up working out for you, though all the stress sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your wonderful sale!!
    Noah was well worth it!!
    I like the idea of open auctions. I like to go back through the feedback and see the different auction babies that have sold.
    Your babies are so Beautiful!! I use Jo Sonja's paints...I love the air dry paints!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awful!! Debbie some people are just oblivious to their wrongdoings. Sorry that happened but glad for you there was another eager mommy.

    As far as that tie thing on ebay it all boils down to the time the bid was placed so in your case it came down to the actual second they each placed the $2000 bid and hit confirm. Since each had done the exact same amount the one who placed it first wins. If the runner up was one second faster NONE of that would have happened.

    That's why when bidding if you really want something and are a sniper always bid for example $2000.01 that last second. Trust me it can make a huge difference. Taken from my sniper handbook. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow debbie that same buyer contacted me about my auction asking many questions. I got about 5 emails then the last I stopped communicating because she She wanted me to sell her paints. HUH! That's what BB is for. Who sells dabs and pinches of paint and what do ya charge for that too strange?

    ReplyDelete
  5. After all of that stress Deb, I am very glad that it worked out so well for you! Thank God that the next bidder WAS serious! Too bad people like that can't have their privledges revoked! CONGRATULATIONS DEB!!! WAAAAAAHOOOOOO!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Judie, I am going to post regarding your statement about bad people being revoked on the blog today....It ain't over until the fat lady sings! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete