Monday, July 12, 2010

A fun day at the Art Gallery

I had such a delightful time at the little Art Gallery that I belong to. Yesterday was my day to "Gallery Sit" as we call it.

I always take mohair to comb out to give me something to do. Sundays can be pretty slow, but yesterday we had several visitors.

I have Logan and Leah on display for sale at the gallery. They are at the back of the gallery so as people come in, they meander through the artwork until they are at the back of the gallery floor. I listen for comments as I cannot see Logan and Leah from where I doing my mohair work.

One lady visitor arrived at the cradle and exclaimed, "Oh my Gosh, Oh my Gosh" so I asked out, "Are you looking at the babies?" and she said "YES, they are unbelievable and I want to pick them up!" so I told her that I will be right there as soon as I wash my hands.

When I arrived at the cradle, I allowed her to pick up Logan and I picked up Leah. She was so emotionally moved by their realism that she cried! She was shocked that she cried...I was not. I see it often and told her that it is a normal reaction. See, she loves babies (real ones) and the dolls, she said, were babies that never grow up! Well, imagine my delight when I was able to tell her that the name of my nursery is "They Never Grow Up Nursery"! What joy!

We chatted for quite some time until she had a phone call. She walked out doors and I returned to the mohair madness. After her call, she came back inside and sat nearby as I combed and we chatted some more. I love it~it was awesome.

I guess my joy was not lost for long on the Noah fiasco.

And...I have this happy little face to assure me that no matter what, joy can be found:

Bethany in her new $7 dress from Walmart~

My mother made a little pillow for me when I was teen. It said on the front "Simple Pleasures, Life's Treasures". Yes, yes they are. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment