Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Full color journal on Jalily/Gabriella

Follow the links for the first four journals on the blog then read the ending.

~First Journal~

~Second Journal~

~Third Journal~

~Fourth Journal~

So when I went back to work on Jalily (now Gabriella) I used an oval porous sponge and my "newborn flush" color all over her head. To make "newborn flush" combine red and brown with a dash of flesh.

Then on her limbs I used a Lt. Flesh and a sponge cloth.

Now I felt ready for final creases and blushing. (All the while I worked on matching her vinyls, I also worked on her lips, nails, finger and toe tips and creases).

With my crease color, I continued to build up her creases and folds. Crease color is burgundy, brown and black.

Then I use red and black on the finger an toe creases and any others that I want extra color. I do this later twice, also touching up on the ends of the fingers and toes.

With the same crease color thinned down with water and a sponge cloth, I now did her first layer of blushing.

Time to tip the nails using cream yellow and white for an ivory color.

Her second blush color was applied the same way using red and brown mixed for a "burnt orange" tone.

The third blush is antique rose and flesh for a light pink color. I use a mop brush to apply it.

Then in all the "thin skin" area's I use a very diluted blue and a mop brush. Mop the color on then pounce it with a wedge.

LDC has a new color called Cyan. I love that color for veins! Sometimes I add blue to it and sometimes not. For this baby, I added more blue than cyan.

After her veining came the yellow "highlight" coat. This is cream yellow mixed to a medium thickness. I always debate if I need to do this step and never regret it when I do. I apply a light layer with a sponge cloth in these areas: Across the bridge of the nose and the upper cheek, down the temples, on the high spots of the ears and above the brow if needed.

From the thumb to the inside elbow and up the inner arm and from the finger to the outside elbow and up the outer arm.

And basically the same on the legs. Then use the yellow for any area's that are too pink/red or where you need a bit more pigment to the "skin". I love that yellow step! It's amazing.

For her painted hair, I used a light brown, pinky flesh and a dark brown in many different layers. And walla...a reborn is painted!

Have fun painting!





No comments:

Post a Comment