Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Babies at the County Fair



I am so excited to go and check on them tonight but anxious as well.

Here is my little section of my collection. As you can see, Matthew is really, REALLY in reach of the sweet little cotton candied fingers of children...


And he is nearly irresistible so I am a bit worried about him.


Chance and Brennan are a bit more protected in their playpen:

And Mind? Well she is just cute!

Jena will be fine in on the back of the table:

And slumbering Jason is WAY up on the top shelf so he will be fine too. :)


Does he look like he might ignore the "DO NOT TOUCH" signs?? LOL


**********In Other News**********

It is time once again to enter the Colliii awards! I am excited about Colliii 2010 and have selected the babies I will enter and have their pictures all ready. I just need a payday to pay the entry fees and I have until the end of the month to enter so I'm not worried :)

Last night I just could NOT root any more. My shoulders and neck hurt so bad~so I ended up in the nursery until Midnight "piddling". I put together the little 10" baby boy, Zak who is the first baby ready for Expo. He is so cute. I'll take pics as soon as I can.

I put Prototype "Fussy's" limbs on his body and popped on his partly rooted head. Hmmmm...I'm going to add some color to his face/head. His limbs are just right but he needs a bit more tone on his face. I am really liking him though! (No pics either~sorry)

The other day I received a baby sent back for a small repair. I made her in Sept of 2007. I LOVE when my babies get to come back and visit because I get to see how they are holding up and she is just beautiful! She is an "Emily" by Linda Webb and Ashton Drake. I remember this sculpt well as I had purchased it from another artist who had started to reborn it and had given it big ucky lashes in it's sleeping eyes. This is where the problem lies with the doll. The holes were so big where she rooted that I applied extra gloss to one eye to fill in the gaps. The gloss, over time, became separated from the vinyl and needed to be removed and replaced. So last night I took a wet make up wedge and kept wetting the gloss and removing it little by little. I was worried that even though her lashes were sealed on the inside, they might come out which would cause a big problem as you can only root something so much before there just is no longer any vinyl to root into~and with the big gaps there already I would have to use strip lashes and replace BOTH sets of lashes. To my delight, the rooted lashes did not come out...not one little bit! And I had to pull that gloss right through those lashes. Yep...the lashes are sealed for life :)

So Baby Emily is resting quietly in the nursery with new and lighter gloss on that one eye. She is such a beautiful baby~I am thrilled to have her here again. Oh and she needed just a bit more stuffing in her chest/neck area. No big deal.

So how many dolls have I had returned? Well, not long ago I had a little Berenguer named Emily returned. Not because of anything wrong with her, her mommy just wanted her 1/4 limbs replaced with full limbs. Her oil paints were still beautiful, her body intact and she still smelled good. She was made in 2006.

Another baby came back that I did not do the artwork on, I just re-rooted him and gave him new lashes. His Mommy's complaint was that his hair seemed to be falling out~so I rooted him for her. Since he had the problem of falling out hair, I applied a thin layer of fiber fill inside his head, right up against the vinyl. My purpose was that the rooted hair would grab and have a better chance of staying rooted. Some vinyls simply sometimes have issues and this baby's vinyl had issues. So, I did my work and sent him home. A while later, his mommy told me that his hair had turned GREEN! So back to me he came. I still do not have any idea why his hair turned green but it was green indeed! I CAREFULLY recolored his hair using human hair dye and sent him home. Well he is coming back to me again as it seems his hair is all but gone. I am perplexed but think that maybe the fiber fill in his head shifted down taking the hair with it??? This mommy loves her babies HEAVY and he had a lot of weight in his head. I am anxious to answer the mystery.

And way back in 2006 I sold a baby on a BIN auction so she went home really fast...faster than I had expected. She had not had time in the nursery to "air out" from her powerful glues and even though *I* did not notice it, her new mommy was/is sensitive to smells of this nature. So she came back. I took her apart and let her limbs and head air out more (sealed glue in limbs~glue in head for paci and eyes). I bought a new body for her too just in case the smell had leached into the cloth. Days later I placed her limbs and head inside a plastic bag and put that bag inside a paper bag. I left it set in the warm nursery for days then did the "smell test". After receiving a smell free report from me, she got her new body and headed home. All is well :)

A baby from 2007 came back that was just too pink. ARG...it was that dang RDK pink vinyl~that stuff was AWFUL! I swear is seeps through any and all paint! I am not sure I did a bang up job toning him down but I tried. I basically repainted him. Poor baby.

I think that is all that has returned to me. But I get to see many of my babies a couple times a year as I meet with dear friends who adopted them. I am always so pleased.

Okay, I am done for today. Happy Kate??? :)


No comments:

Post a Comment