Monday, August 9, 2010

Help my husband raise funds for the American Cancer Society


Hello Dolly Friends!

Awe...isn't he cute....and doesn't he have a TON of hair???

THAT is my dear husband Calvin. He has MEGA hair that he has been growing is since March 2009, for a few reasons. One is that he retired from the Military in August of 2008 so he "can" and two is that he now works as a 1840's interpreter of the Oregon Trail and they had longer hair back then. Well, he is willing to SHAVE off all that hair if he can raise $500 for the American Cancer Society in the upcoming "Hood to Coast" relay race. Please read the donation letter that he has sent out and follow the link if you would like to give:


Dear Friends,

Nike, my daughter, had a vision and desire to run the Hood to Coast Relay. I agreed to be on the team and registered as a team member. To our surprise our team made the draw. "Speedy Turtles" are on their way; training for the event in August 2010 (August 27-29....197 miles!). Oh, and 4 of the 12 team members are related to me. :)


Please click on the "personal page" link to support my efforts in raising money for the American Cancer Society. I am running in memory of Daniel Couzens, a past co-worker of mine who recently died of cancer.

If you would like to donate in the form of a check you can make it out to American Cancer Society and mail it to me: (email Debbie at tngun05@gmail.com for mailing address)

Thank you,

Calvin

To support me in my efforts, please visit my personal page and make a donation of whatever amount you can.


*****************


I am so very proud of him, Nike and the whole team for taking on this HUGE challenge. None of these great folks are athletes so this is an ultimate endeavor on their parts...and all for a good cause. Two of these runners, Calvin and his sister Debbie are over 50 yrs old :) GOooooooo TURTLES! Please help if you can :)


Many hugs!

Debbie


(Ps....Prototype Ryan is rooted! YIPPEEEE!)


No comments:

Post a Comment