Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Back from Hood to Coast~Speedy Turtles ROCK!

The 2010 Hood to Coast~The MOTHER of all relays~began at 6:30 am on Friday August 27th, 2010 at Timberline Lodge on Mt. Hood Oregon.

The Speedy Turtles lived in these two rigs for 33 hours....

"Turtle Shell 1"

"Turtle Shell 2"

The team consisted of 12 runners (3 who were family members) and 4 drivers (2 who were family members)

They ran 197 miles between them.

They ran in the day...

They ran in the night...


They ran on pavement, dirt roads and wooded trails...


They slept whenever they could just by laying a bag out in the weeds...

And finally, they made it to the finish line in Seaside Oregon. Some of the team broke their training times and each one of them finished the race. I am SO proud of them!

Twelve members of true grit. They just completed an unbelievable journey together.


My dear husband and a few of his team mates: Jade, Leslie and Melissa.


My hat is tipped to these twelve amazing people and their 4 drivers. INCREDIBLE!
Thanks for an awesome adventure!

(I have posted about 75 pictures on my facebook page if you want to see more!)


2 comments:

  1. This made me cry. It still hasn't hit me that we actually did this. Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh...I know that surreal feeling all so well Nike, but YOU did do it. You did not stop just before the miracle happened. So..what's next??? :)

    ReplyDelete