Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Hmmm...Painted hair


Hmmmm....well this is NOT what I had planned to do with this baby's head as I intended just to give her rooted hair but it felt motivated to practice.

Although not horrible, I am not happy with this head of painted hair. I could have worked on it longer but that was senseless since I still intended to root hair on this baby and my hours were running short.



Since I did not intend to even paint bangs on this baby, I did not give her textured hair with the Genesis Matte Varnish, but overall, the hair texture looks good with just the paint. I had given her textured brows though.


I am most unhappy with the front of the hair. Let's hope the finished baby, with rooted hair will overcome what I don't like. She might have to undertake a sex change operation~we'll see!

****************************************

I got a message from Dorothy Drake, the Portland, Oregon Crossroads Doll and Teddy Bear show co-coordinator. That show is coming up this weekend. I LOVE what Dorothy said in her email and asked if I could post her comments on my blog:


"I am wondering if you realize how visible the fun you are having
with your doll & teddy bear hobby is? The joy has a
voice....your excitement over finding something that makes your
heart sing. The joy has a face....your's in it's concentration,
laughter, and lots of smiles. The joy has a heart...again yours
as you take part in the doll & teddy bear community...and take
home the warmth.

I have noticed and so have others, even those that don't really
'get' what you love about our hobby. They may not see the art,
the history, the creativity, the group dynamics. So I encourage
you to get excited about taking a day away from the 'yuckies' and
invite someone that needs a lift....show off what you do and who
you are!

The September shows are:

Portland - sold out again - this is really a wonderful event!
In addition to all of your favorite vendors, we welcome back our
good friend, Annette Palm with some of her very special antique
dolls! We have acquired a very large collection of 1980's Steiff
bears and critters, all in mint condition. This will be a great
time to pick up a Steiff at a great price.

Sept 5, 2009 from 10AM to 4PM early bird admission at 8:30AM

Location: Kleiver National Guard Armory 10000 NE 33rd DR
Portland

Admission: Early Bird $8.00 Regular Admission Adults $6.00
Children under 12 $4.00"

I do not know about you, but I am VERY excited about this show!


Have a great day!



1 comment:

  1. I think that painted head of hair is fantastic!!
    I am never satisfied when I paint hair.
    I received that same email from Dorothy, isn't she a wonderful person, always so happy and ready to help.
    Dessa Rae

    ReplyDelete