Sunday, September 13, 2009

How my custom order list works

I have had a lot of requests for custom orders lately causing me to change the way my list works to keep myself on schedule and my customers aware of their place on the list.

First off, I use the statement "My custom order list is currently closed", and it is until February 2010, however, what that really means is that I won't be working on custom orders until then. I will still take orders and start those orders in February 2010 in the order that deposits are made and the reborn is paid for.

A non-refundable deposit of 1/3 down of the cost of the reborn doll will place an order on the list. My customers are free to purchase the desired kit and send it directly to me. The total cost of the kit and shipping will be deducted from the final cost of the reborn provided that the total cost of the doll included the cost of the kit and shipping. If my customer buys the kit, this purchase does apply to that 1/3 down deposit. The remaining 2/3 of the cost of the reborn can be paid in two more payments. When the 2nd payment of 1/3 of the cost of the doll is paid, I will begin work on that reborn provided that I do not have any others already started. The third payment and shipping are due when the reborn is finished.

Once the order has a spot on the list, the number on the list can change according to when any of the custom orders are paid for. For instance, I currently have an order for February 2010. That order is paid in full. That order will remain #1 on the list, no matter what and will be priority. The next order that comes in and has a deposit will be #2 on the list. If that order is not paid for when #3 comes in but #3 becomes paid for before #2, then #3 will move to the #2 spot and become priority over the previous #2 spot.

One can expect up to 8 weeks for a custom order to be complete although I do try to get them done sooner than that. But sometimes there are labor and birthing problems. If I finish a custom reborn and do not have any other orders on the list and I begin working on another reborn for eBay or ArtFire and a custom order comes in, I will finish the reborn I am working on before I begin the new order. This keeps the nursery running smoothly and allows me the freedom to finish my current work of art before beginning another one.

My custom order email is tngun05@gmail.com and I will work with my customers in a personal way :)






1 comment:

  1. Great system. I think I will use some of your system as it seems to flow well. Thanks for sharing! AWESOME as usual!

    ReplyDelete