Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Smorgasboard of thoughts~


I believe the dust has settled in my head after coming down from the "high" of the show. I have many things on my mind today!

First on the list is the progress of the Latino Arianna! I was able to get a color wash on her yesterday and also worked on her lips and nails. I still struggled with the coloring of her but things are going much better this time around. I found that using very thin, barely there color was the best route to go. I will have to do several color washes before I can go onto creases, blushing and details.

Instead of eBay, she will be going to the October show with me. I could have sold 4 Arianna's right off the table at the last show. I may not have a baby on eBay for 6 months or more! But the way they treat sellers, I am alright with that~bleh!

Speaking of the last show. I failed to toot my own horn in the excitement and comments received from show attendees about my babies. The most popular comments were:

"Your babies are the most life-like I have ever seen!""

"You are a true artist!"

"OMG they feel so real!"

"Beautiful~Incredible!"

"Look at that skin tone! It must be the skin tone that makes them look SO real!"

"They are worth every penny~and more!"

"FREAKY they look so real!"
(One of my friends and I do a "high five" every time we hear that comment!)

And some were moved to tears. I love my work!

I think I have mentioned before that I am very blessed to be accompanied to all of my shows by at least two of my very dear friends who are work horses for me. I had FOUR friends at this show! But whenever we girls get together, we MUST have a dolly play day. We did this at a mountain cabin before and after the show. I got some great shots of some of my personal babies that I took with me.




This is Bits. She is a One of a Kind uh...monkey~no, piggy~no, uh...I don't know WHAT she is but I love her! LOL She was sculpted by Lori Nichols who also makes the most beautiful and hilarious glass beads. She thought that riding this concrete grasshopper would be fun!


OH Sweet Rory found a Radio Flyer wagon to ride in! He was all ready for it too dressed in his Radio Flyer outfit and hat.


Giovanna loved this stroller/walker. You know, I cannot remember the full name of this vintage piece of baby furniture but it has "tot" in it. I dream of owning one of these some day. I have loved them since I was a little girl.



And of course Matthew found his way to the hay loft AND the horses! Here he is spending some time with Patches.


Ari is home now and settling right in. She just happened to go to my friend who owns the mountain cabin. This is a full size real baby high chair she is sitting in~look at her size!


When I am with my friends, I usually do some tweaking on dolls they have bought from others. Tomorrow, I am going to share just what I found inside a doll that was originally purchased for $3000. I think you will be flabbergasted~

Happy Wednesday!

2 comments:

  1. Toot Toot Toot! Nothing wrong with tooting your own horn! Love your little "gremlin" baby! Cute as can be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bits belongs on that hopper!! She is ummm sorta a a a a cute?? No, funny? Ahhh she is Bits and Bits she is!!! What elce is there to say?

    ReplyDelete