Thursday, March 22, 2012

There is a scammer in our midst!

One of my doll fan and artist buddies stumbled onto a website that is stealing pictures of others work, removing the watermark/nursery names and stating that those dolls are the ones she has for sale.

Her name is Donna Ashwork-Black
Address as posted on Facebook (page is now down)
511 VZ County Rd. 3441
Wills Point, TX 75169
and she goes by Dollymama1958 on Facebook and possibly on eBay.

She works from two websites:

Timeless Treasures Reborn Dolls

and

Rubber Ducky Nursery

Some of the gals on Doll Fan inquired of the dolls as if they were buying customers and it is confirmed that she does state that the picture of the doll is the doll you will get. It is not true!

Many of those dolls are prototype dolls done by well known artists. Of course we are all emailing and messaging the artists of those dolls who will ask her to remove the pictures. So far, none have been removed. The next step is to report the websites.

She claims to be lifetime members of Life-Like Reborn Baby Guild (LLRG) which closed years ago and also of International Reborn Doll Artists (IRDA) which does not have a lifetime membership nor does it use that logo.

And for the real kicker~

The photo of the elderly lady found on

~THIS PAGE~

Is not of a woman named Alice Hadney but of a woman by the name of Susanna Bartsch.

She is the grandmother of a reborn artist, Karyn McNulty, who took this photo. Grandma Bartsch has passed on and you can see her photo and pictures of Karyn with her on Karyn's site

Endearing Infants Nursery

To me that is the most terrible thing that this lady, Donna has done. If she wants credit for tending to the elderly and soothing them with dolls, then she should get out there, do that and take pictures of those people, not steal from others who have lost their loved one.

None of my pictures are on her sites but I am quite sure that the font used for
"Where Babies Never Grow Up" was taken from my old website. And of course the connotation is there as well.

Nursery News Update:
So what is going on in the nursery this week???
On Tuesday, I didn't get much time to paint but I did manage to work on lips and brows and get the Hispanic Arianna (who is now named Mariana) matte varnished and ready to switch over to LDC paints. The day just...I don't know what happened to the day!

Yesterday I was just plain tired! I worked with mohair and networking but did find time to paint on Mariana in the late afternoon. I only had time to do one layer on her creases but wow...sure is a lot easier with LDC paints! I'll do another layer today and they should be done. I hope to have her finished or nearly finished in the paint department today.

I took last night off from taxes and did...nothing! I feel a bit fresher today.

I'll pop in on Friday to share something fun, then I'll see you on Sunday.
Hugs!


3 comments:

  1. this is exactly why i warermark every image i have on the net that has ANYTHING to do with my dolls (im not selling any yet, but i hope too).
    i do NOT want anyone stealing MY images and claiming to have done any work on my dolls, and then trying to sell an item thy dont even own or have.
    im really new to this, and THIS kinda thing, makes me sick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought a doll from Donna Ashworth-Black, paid for it in February and have never recieved it. All I got was excuse after excuse of why she could not get it to the post office, even asked for more money to send it to me... First she said she lost her job, then her son was going to take it to the post office, then she said she sent it on July 3, only today did she tell me that she got the doll back in the mail (that would be twice now because the son did not add enough postage) because she did not have the right address when I gave it to her four times. I was wanting this doll for my youngest daughter and this lady assured me that she would get it on time, my daughter's birthday has come and gone and no doll and no refund.. I have learned my lesson.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my Dear, I am so very sorry this happened to you. This is simply terrible and I feel so bad.
      Please be sure to tell your story in any social media that you know of. She must be stopped!
      Bless your heart.
      Debbie

      Delete