Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Mapping a head for rooting

I've been working most evenings on Riley Schenk, whom I have now named
Shamika.

I am using the fine tips of the lock near the front of the hair and the cut ends of the lock in the center and back. I am also using both a 42g Crown and 40g Crown needle.

Here is her rooted hair after 12 hours of work:


Since I knew it would be a while before I get to the other side of her head, I mapped out what I have done on the rooted side and thought it would be great to share that info and show mapping.

I've been mapping most of my rooted heads for several reasons. One is so that I don't forget what I did on the opposite side and the other is so that I stay on track and create a nice pattern.

I use a #2 pencil, which works great. I can erase the pencil marks as I go on all heads that have either baked or cured paints.

I have marked this head a bit darker in order that it show up in the pictures for you.
(click on the pictures to blow them up big)



The tip or point of the needle should poke into the vinyl in the direction the arrow is going.


Shamika is a Bi-Racial baby. This caramel color hair is stunning on her!

I might have a hard time parting with this big girl!

Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment