Friday, March 16, 2012

Sharing my collection Friday~Matthew's new high chair!




On my local facebook classifieds, I saw an ad for an old, wooden high chair. I LOVE old wood baby furniture so I asked that a photo be texted to me (as there was none in the ad).

Knowing that I really do not have room for another wooden high chair, I decided that since it had green legs~not my color~that I would pass, however, I thought that one of my friends would like it. I texted her, told her the chair was just $20 and she said that yes, she would buy it. So I went to pick it up.

That is when I saw this on the seat back:

Matthew saw it too!


Oh my. How could I take this chair away from my little Cowboy who has a hidden passion for Harley's?!?!?! My dear Hubby even thought I should keep it!

I called my friend and told her that I just saved her $20 and am keeping the chair! LOL

Look at the little Dude!

"This is MY chair!"

And actually, after all, I really like the green legs! This chair is home made and in excellent condition! The tray is worn some as it has been used but it's not distasteful in any way.

"Go ahead Punk...try to take away my chair and make my day!"

I am having another friend make white eyelet seat cushions and arm covers for the chair. At times, I like to use a high chair down at the gallery to display dolls in and I miss my cherry high chair when I take it down there. So I will use Matthew's high chair at the gallery with the seat cushions on it...except for in June. In June our city hosts the Hells Canyon Motorcycle relay and the city is stuffed full with Harley Hogs and other bikes. Matthew will put on his best "Bad Man" duds and proudly sit in his cool chair. The guys already love him, they will really love his chair!

I need to go shopping for some more duds for Matthew :)

No comments:

Post a Comment