Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Final evaluation and prognosis on Ultra Matte Gel


Well, I applied the Ultra Matte Gel full strength to Billy but I don't see that it really did that much and someone wrote to me and said that after about two weeks one of her dolls coated with UMG got sticky. Of course, this is why I chose to do this with a doll I am keeping.




I do like how the UMG medium carries the paints and wow...do the reds stay red! I may have overdone his reds! LOL At night he looks really red. Interesting huh?

I did try to make the paint thicker to create the textured lines on the nails and that didn't work but, the nails are a very nice translucent color, just like I've achieved with my LDC products. I like using the Genesis Glazing gel on the nail beds before I paint and can still do that if I choose to use the UMG in the future. This test was to see if I could get the same effect. The brows are nice but not really textured either.

So, do I like the stuff or not? Well, yes, I do but not for my Master Artist Series babies. It is great for Simple Treasures Series and Kids Corner! dolls. I feel that the paints cured faster and that they are durable.

The true test comes now when I pack Billy around and see if he becomes more shiny.



No comments:

Post a Comment