Monday, August 15, 2011

Back to work!


Hello everyone!

I have really missed blogging and working on a regular basis!

I am back to it now. Let's see if I can sort out my thoughts of all that I wanted to blog about today.

First off, my youngest step child is married and off on her honeymoon! Here is a picture of the precious couple:

And the cake that I made for them:


~Nursery News~

I had the pleasure of gathering with a group of ladies in Seattle Washington yesterday who were enjoying a dolly day. Oh, HOW did I do this after just having a wedding the day before in Baker City Oregon? Via video chat, of course! It was great meet new friends and reminisce with old friends. Thanks ladies for allowing me to join your special day! XXOO

I will be finishing the paint today on a toddler for the upcoming

~PORTLAND OR SHOW~

This is always a great show so if you are in the surrounding area, I hope you can attend.

I finished rooting hair on the custom order Dimples! I'll share pictures when I can get her put together. I am very behind in putting my nursery name on pictures and sharing. I am so anxious to show Angelica to you but need to "edit".

It's time to enter a yearly/annual contest on one of my guilds and also time for the 2011 Colliii awards entries to be submitted. I will work on those two tasks the next two days.

It's been an amazing past 6 weeks with many, MANY big events tucked into the weekends and beyond. I've taken many days off from "work". These weeks have been very busy and I've had such a good time but, this artist is tired and in need of a little "down/alone" time. I sometimes feel guilty about desiring the down time and the impending need to be alone for a while. Thinking that I am just selfish, I try to push the feeling aside and keep going and doing yet not really feeling fulfilled, refreshed and very much lacking new creative thoughts and dreams. One of my very good reborn friends posted this on Facebook this morning:

An artist must have downtime, time to do nothing... An artist requires the upkeep of creative solitude. An artist requires the time of healing alone. Without this period of recharging, our artist becomes depleted... We strive to be good, to be nice, to be helpful, to be unselfish. We want to be generous, of service... But what we really want is to be left alone. When we can't get others to leave us alone, we eventually abandon ourselves... our true self has gone to ground.
-Julia Cameron

This was so reassuring to me that I am NOT selfish~I am NORMAL in the makeup of who I am....and artist.

I can rest in that.

Hugs!


No comments:

Post a Comment