Tuesday, May 4, 2010

What colors of paint did I use on these ones??


THESE colors! LOL


I am constantly being asked what colors I use for particular babies and unless I write each thing down that I used and did~I have NO clue! I thought the picture of the paper towel that covered my painting table while I worked on the two 10" Pratt babies was a fun picture.
What colors did I mix to create those colors? I have no idea! LOL

Let me tell you more about these two adorable babies and their DARLING outfits.


She is a custom order for a very sweet customer/friend of mine. This little baby will be joining 19 other siblings! I don't think she will get lonely! She is not fully done~her hair needs finished and she needs lashes and gloss.

And he is the first baby created for EXPO 2010 :) He needs hair, lashes and gloss too. Since I had Capri painted last week and was still waiting for another prototype to come in, I spent my days painting these two sweeties plus a set of replacement limbs for a little Berenguer I did way back in 2006. (Her mommy wanted to switch out her 1/4 limbs for full limbs~there was nothing wrong with the painted limbs, they were just too short!)

The theme for EXPO 2010 is "Just Play" so all of my babies will be dressed in outfits that reflect playtime~such fun!

Now who made these outfits? Laurie of Fancy Pants and Flounces! Laurie has been doing work for me for the last~oh wow....5 years I think???? She is very creative and adds the most amazing details! Click on the pics and bring them full size to see some of the tiny details. You can't see on him, but under his kerchief if a little train button and on the back of his shortalls is a wee pocket with a kerchief sticking out! And those red socks~I LOVE them!

I've had some wonderful outfits from her and have many that I had made for my little ones in my own collection. I have been blessed to have Laurie in my life!

Here is the link to Laurie's selling site. She has a variety of things for sale right now and I hear she will be putting up some 10" outfits sometime soon.

~Fancy Pants and Flounces~

Here is her website:

~FP&F Website~

Alright now...on with the day!

2 comments:

  1. Adorable babies! And thanks for the link for Laurie's things! I will have to visit her.
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the compliments Debbie, but I have to say your babies MAKE the outfits! Great job and they are soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete