Friday, May 28, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend~Matthew's Tribute


Hi ebberybuddy! It's me, Maffew! I want to tell you about Memorial Day in my town.
Dis is just da coowest tging....the locak Vetrans and the local military in our town put up ober 400 flags around our cemetawy. You tannot see dem all the from here, the best way to see dem is to fly over...but day are here and oh-so-beautiful!


Dis is so exciting! Wook at all the widdle flags too!


Dis event is weawly special for our family as we are a military family. My Daddy hewps wif it too.


See dere he is in his bwest uniform.


Dere is dis wovly monument in the cemtawy too right by where the fallen soldiers are laid.

I wub my Daddy and the wespect he shows for all people, our country but I especially wub how he wespects his Soldiers. He make me pwoud to be an American. Daddy is sawuting a flag dat was dedictated to the cemetawy from the family of a fallen soldier. He and his fellow soldier just hung it up, adding it to the growing number of flags every year.

Thank you for spending a widdle memorial day time wif me today.

Wuv, Maffew

*Editor's Note*
This story was written 3 years ago before Matthew was reborn and before his "Daddy" retired from the Military. We still are a military family now with one retired Veteran, one Army Reserve son and one Marine son. Both our boys have been to Iraq to serve~our Marine has been there twice. We cannot express how grateful we are for their safe return.

Hugs~
Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment