Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Prototoype Kristaleta says "Hello"!


Is that not just the MOST adorable face???
This is the ever-so-darling Kristaleta Prototype by Laura Tuzio Ross.
What a HUGE honor and thrill for me to be asked to reborn her! I love Laura's work and have several of her dolls in my collection, such as Janae seen in the background. Janae is one of Laura's manufactured Masterpiece dolls from 2006.


Yes, I know, Kristaleta is a little pale~that's because she does not have any color on at all in these pictures~LOL Another artist needed her waist measurement so I had to stuff her body and if I was going to stuff her body, HOW could I resist not putting her together and trying on an outfit I bought for her on Saturday? Pardon the fact that she does not have her arms on~I had to adjust the armature but first had to read up on it.

Kristaleta is going to be able to stand on her own once she has weight in her. The armature that I purchased for her will make it so she can be posed as a one year old taking her first steps with her arms open wide for balance. She already has such a spirited personality that I just can hardly wait to get her done and start playing with her!

So all of you artists wanting a fun, fun doll to reborn, Kristaleta is a MUST have! She is 30" tall, wears size 12 month clothing and anywhere from a size 3-5 shoe depending on the shoe. You can order her right from Laura:

~Laura's website~

The armature I purchased was from Kemper dolls and is the 28-30" size:

~Armatures from Kemper Dolls~

Yesterday I did get a real good start to color on Kristaleta. She is just as charming as they come! She makes me smile the whole time. I hope to have a sneak peak picture for tomorrow, but I'm not sure it will happen. I've got to finish Jayden's hair this morning then will move onto painting on her but have an appointment at 4 pm then our Wednesday night dinner/date/Bible study with my DH which lasts all evening. We will see~

The sun is shining today and it's already warmed up to higher than it has been for weeks. (more than 60 degrees F). Maybe spring/summer has sprung! I hear that we might have temps near 80! Whoooo-Hooooo!

Hugs for the day!



3 comments:

  1. wow, she is SOOOOO cute!!! She is def going on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable face!! And thanks for the links!!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is darling! I love love love that face! Have fun reborning her (like I need to say that lol). Can't wait to see her done!

    ReplyDelete