Friday, March 1, 2013

Sharing my collection Friday~A new baby has arrived!

In the fall of 2008, I had a dolly weekend at my house.
One of my friends/collectors brought a silicone doll that she wanted to leave with me to be re-rooted as she did not like the hair the doll had.

The dolls name was Cathe and I fell IN LOVE.

I told my friend at the time that if she ever wanted to sell Cathe, that I would love the opportunity to own her.
That time has come and Cathe has arrived!

Here is her box opening.
My post-lady knows that when a box arrives like this that I am getting a new doll.
She spoils me and brings boxes like this first thing in the morning.


My friend protected Cathe very well, making sure that there were no gaps and spaces where if the box got smashed, Cathe would be safe.

LOOK! I see feet!

Here she is!!
Those eyes!!!!
She's still in her lovely Christmas outfit and has traveling hair...

So let's see what we can do about that:
Oh my gosh.  Melt me totally into mush!
When I get a new doll, I usually don't cry when I opened the box.  
I cried over this one.  I've waited so long for her and love her so much!
Cathe is the Artist Proof for the edition.  
The late, great Bonnie Chyle signed her and dated her.
She is from 2003.
This silicone doll is absolutely stunning for her paint being 10 years old.
Bonnie knew how to get silicone paint to stick.  
I want to do it right, just as she did as I paint silicone dolls.

One thing I loved about Cathe were her straight legs!
If you will remember, I adopted her sister, Mona not too long ago.
I will take pictures of them together when I have a chance.  

I am a lucky lady!!

No comments:

Post a Comment