Thursday, March 21, 2013

Puyallup Doll Show

As promised...Doll Show pictures!

I enjoyed this show so much! I just love going around looking at all of the different types of art that I appreciate.  Many of these are random pictures...Enjoy!





 Some of my reborn friends dolls:
 I just thought this Raggedy Ann display was sweet.



 My friend, Sally Sangder and her reborn dolls:
 Sally has this awesome carriage for sale:








My friend, Jeanne's Teenies reborn dolls:
 Jeanne's son reborned the baby boy on the left.  Isn't he cute??
 
 
 This show provided just about every kind of doll furniture out there!
 And two MAGNIFICENT doll houses!  This one was called "Rose Cottage" and simply stunning:
 This large "cottage" is available by calling 425-765-4010
or:
bebesatticfinds.rubylane.com
valerie@beautifulbebes.com
It as priced at $750

This house is Sherlock Holmes' apartment and bar/club.
It is a very large house with his apartment in the back.
 This house is available by calling 253-655-5696 or
www.nlnursery.com
It was priced at $895














 I enjoy seeing the creative ways that people display their items, such as this tower of ribbons:
 This tea set was SO cool!



 I LOVED this Hildegard Gunzel doll:
 AWESOME art doll by my friend, Stephanie Block:
 A reborn by Stephanie Block:
 And some nifty doll pins by Stephanie Block:

 Don't know which I love more...the chickens or the bunny!
 These steam punk bears were SO COOL!
 And our beloved doll show hostest/organizer, DorothyDrake,  adopted one of them!  (The one on the left)

This is Patricia Thorne.
She wrote a very interesting book called "The Untold Story of the Teddy Bear".
I was mesmerized by the book, Patricia and the display.  I bought a book and had Patricia sign it.
And I am reading it with great delight.

 Since I plan on publishing Children's Picture Story Books when I retire from reborning, I asked Patricia some questions about publishing.  She was GREAT help and lead me to an association that I should join for support and guidance.  I am very grateful for that.
The beautiful book can be purchased at www.teddybearsuntoldstory.com
 More random pictures:
 Just the way this cat is posed, it gives ultimate life-likedness to it!
 Tiny crib with a drop down bar:

 The photographer from the local paper took many shots of the two dolls I had with me:
My silicone, Cathe, by Bonnie Chyle and my reborn prototype Mikki.
(My friends Erin and Will look on)
 Ahhhh....good times for all! 

Tomorrow I will show off my new adoptions!
XXOO

1 comment: