Thursday, March 28, 2013

Progress on my first silicone repaint

I am just SO tickled with how things are going on my little doll!
Not that there have not been some trying and learning moments but I am enjoying this process.

Here is my little Laurel silicone doll, by Rita Rich Arnold when I had her silicone stripped and ready for new paint (minus the fuzzies that I had to remove first):

And here she is as of last night:


She is not perfect (especially on her limbs) but her silicone was not perfect and I am still learning.  

This morning I wanted to test what I did yesterday so I gave her a soapy bath.
There were two spots on her limbs that didn't take and a little on her lower lip but the rest of the silicone paint is set and staying.  

I'll add more silicone to my touch up paints today and see if I can correct those areas.

I should be able to finish her paint today but I will have to consult with my mentor to check on matting this type of silicone.  

But...before I paint, I must finish packaging the mohair and get all of the listings up.
I believe I will have close to 38 ounces to offer!  

Click ~HERE~ for the link to my ARTFIRE selling site as I won't be back to update after the listings are up...I have a silicone baby to get back to  :)

Have a great Easter Weekend!

2 comments:

  1. what do you use to strip the silicone doll i have one i want to re do

    ReplyDelete
  2. For most silicones beyond a couple of years old, you can rub the paint off with your thumbs. Yes, sad, I know. For tough spots, go to the beauty supply and purchase the white nail buffer blocks. Gently sand the painted areas (and any areas that are rough and need help) with the blocks. I usually use about 12 per doll.
    I hope that helps!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete