Thursday, February 23, 2012

The week is ending with excitement!

Thursdays are my "Fridays" as my husband and I take Friday and Saturday's off.
Clear as mud??
LOL

This is the first time in over three years that I have not had either a custom order or a prototype waiting for me to get started on. This is such a strange and freeing feeling! Now don't get me wrong, I LOVE doing prototypes and pleasing my customers (especially with portrait babies) but I have so many kits I've been waiting to reborn. And I have a big show coming up just shortly in June.

Oh my...who to do first? I prepped 5 more kits yesterday and have a total of 14 ready for paint! Uh, plus many more not prepped! But I've picked out my favorites to start with.

Now I can't reborn that many between now and June~and I do have one prototype that is due mid April or so (Matthew by Jorja Pigott!!) so I just have to start out with who I desire to reborn the most. Oh my...AA babies, Asian babies, Caucasian babies....I just can't decide!

I will not be pre-selling any of my show babies unless I become very desperate but that should not happen because...

As of this morning, the hard drive with my reborning video is being sent to the DVD production company! My editor got stumped in some of the processes of authoring such a large project that he and I have decided just to send it to the bigger pro's and let them do the authoring (putting the chapter buttons and subtitles onto the project) and deciding how many and which type of DVD's to use.

Poor guy. He would get to a place where he had it all done but then he would find something to fix and have to start all over again. Every time a change is made it changes the size of the file and the length of the finished DVD so at this point, we are back to not knowing how many DVD's will be in this set. It's really technical and difficult to work with such large files.

I suspect that the production company won't waste any time getting this project completed since they have the equipment and software to work on large projects, so I am very excited about that! Won't be too much longer now. I need to just do some final editing on the material for the booklet that will go inside the DVD case~everything else has been submitted, even the cover art.

So yes, I am excited! Excited to start on show babies and let these babies decide who they are. Excited that I am nearly caught up on mohair orders and have several textures and colors of hair available to the artists and VERY excited about the forward movement on the Reborning DVD Course!

Happy Thursday to you and Friday to me! (hehehehe)




No comments:

Post a Comment