Sunday, February 5, 2012

IDEX 2012 pictures!





You know, it's funny. My love is for the baby dolls but many of my pictures are of the BJD dolls! Oh if I had a larger house, I would collect and play with BJD's and doll houses as well. Maybe the bulk of my photo's are so that I can live vicariously through them! I put them all at the bottom of the post.

It was hard for me to focus on the vendor tables. I would begin to look and someone I know would come by and off I went with them! I guess IDEX is becoming more and more of a social event for me. I love it. Don't get me wrong, I love the dolls and always find one or two to bring home but being and meeting with my doll friends is a real high for me.

Alright, onto the pics!
First, I will announce the winners of the 2012 Tiny Treasures awards!

The 2012 Reborn of the Year award went to Tracey Webster from S. Africa for her beautiful Andi sculpt.

Here is Tracey handing over this precious baby to his new Mommy, my Doll Fan friend, Brenda:
What a lucky mommy you are Brenda! This baby IS beautiful!!
Tracey also won Best Paint Application for Andi as well. Good job Tracey!!

The rooting award went to Laurie Sanchez. I don't know how many of these rooting awards Laurie has but she has several! Congratulations Laurie!! (sorry, no pics)

The Presentation award went to Marie DeCosta for her Bonnie Murray display. It was adorable!
Congratulations Maria!

Best Primate went to my friend Diana Mosquera. Diana is on the right in this picture and my friend Sharon Azzinaro is on the left. Sharon sculpted these wonderful primates:
The People's Choice award went to Sharon Hoffman from S. Africa. I don't have a picture of her gorgeous baby either. So sorry ladies! Am I fired??

Random shot at the Tiny Treasures awards breakfast:
Terri, Emma and Stacey:


Billy went with me to the show floor the first day of IDEX. He was appropriately dressed in a sea themed Gymboree outfit as we were right across the street from SeaWorld.
Here we go, onto the floor!

Beverly Stoehr and her first reborn kit, Megan.

My friend Gia Heath of BabyCre8tions reborned the prototype:


Babies and Bubbles OOAK dolls:
I almost missed this Babies and Bubbles OOAK...he was put on the table the last day of the show~wow, he was SO real looking and HUGE!
Dianna Effner doll:
Dianna Effner's reborn prototype of Huggy Bear:
Here is a group of talented artists for you:
and some of their dolls
Lydia Gatlin dolls:
I thought they were so full of character and so cute!
Kellie Beckett whom I adopted my set of twins from. I just love her work!

The head in the picture above became this adorable little man before the weekend was through!


I really loved this Kellie baby and wanted to bring him home as well:

Me, Kellie and my new twins:


Jack Johnston sculpts~just precious!!
Jack Johnston with my reborn, Billy:
Onto other tables:
Hildegard Guenzel dolls:

As the show was closing on Sunday, I walked by Hidlegard's booth. Wow...this is how she transports them safely~they are disassembled! Who knew?
Heidi Plusczok dolls:



Lorna Miller Sands and babies:

My sweet Doll Fan friend, Shelby Lynn and her darling babies:
To the BJD's!
This is my friend, Danielle with Berdine Creedy:


Danielle with her new Bo Bergman doll:

These might be all mixed up but all of these dolls are either Val's Rag Patch or Marbled Halls dolls and outfits:






I know these to be Val outfits:


I never got the name of this artist but the display was wonderful:

Visiting "babies":
Sandra White's little silicone chimp:
My reborning and Doll Fan friend, Julie's amazing sweetheart! This baby was gorgeous!!!

Another reborn and Doll Fan friend, Alice and her baby all tucked into this darling outfit!
My reborn and Doll Fan friend, Nancy and her beautiful Bianca all ready for the cruise they were leaving for right after IDEX:

Shots of people from IDEX:
My Doll Fan friend, Cherry with the cute balloon turtle on her shoulder:


The stir at the Starbucks in the hotel when we would bring babies in:
So tiny!

Doll Fan baby shower!The whole group:


Karen, Tracy, Tamara and Shelby Lynn:

Emma Cousins~our traveling reporter/editor/producer from the UK:

Lisa and my baby Billy:

Nancy's Bianca and the most precious bunny booties that my friend, Sally made for the raffle prize. Oh how I loved these booties!
My sweet Joylynne with my friend Cuquita's new Huti silicone. What a precious pair!
My friend Sally's precious babies in matching Gymboree outfits:
I don't remember the baby's name but the toddler is Stella.

The REAL babies of IDEX!
This is Ivan, pronounced E-Von. He is the baby of our friend Elisabetta who showed in the Tiny Treasures Pavilion. This picture was taken at the Doll Fan baby shower which started at 9 pm...he was feeling the day by now! He was perfect during the show and all the traveling and is a precious, delightful child.

IDEX had a special visitor, Vienna! She is Andrea Arcello's sweet baby girl. Andrea was unable to attend so she sent Vienna with her assistant and sister. It was nice meeting you Vienna!

Alas, my final shot for the IDEX post. I just could not resist this picture! On Saturday afternoon, it was time for a break. My friend Sally had texted me that she was out by the pool. As I headed out, this is the view I had! I had to ask...

Sally, are you peeing in the pool??? ROFL!

6 comments:

  1. Bwahahahahahaha! You are so BAD, Debbie!
    Love you anyway.
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wauw, that are a lot of real beautiful dolls,thanks for sharing.
    The last photo is very funny hihi
    Hugs
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful babys! Thank you for all your photos.. Loved them all... Hugs Bobbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pictures! The dolls are amazing. Sally, you are so naughty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought it was the RAD Pavilion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. RAD sponsored the pavilion under the umbrella of Tiny Treasures~at least that was my understanding of how it worked.

    RAD wanted to establish and enforce a policy that has never been a part of IDEX/Tiny Treasures, even referring themselves to the "Tiny Treasures/RAD Pavilion" in the said policy they were trying to enforce. I have a copy of that projected policy if anyone would like to see it :)

    ReplyDelete