Thursday, February 9, 2012

Doll Artistry Magazine, Life-Like Dolls and Discover Dolls


There is a great new magazine on the market that I am very excited about!

~Doll Artistry Magazine~

The magazine is owned by my friend Emma Cousins in the UK and the first issue was WONDERFUL!

I will be a regular picture story contributor to the magazine and have sent in my first story for their next magazine due out soon.  (Updated May 1, 2012...the magazine is currently running behind schedule :() I have several stories rolling around in my head at the moment and can't wait to share them.

I wish Emma the best of luck in her new venture! Doll magazines are hard to come by~at least ones in the life-like style of the dolls that we are involved in.

There have been three other magazines out on the market over the years;
Life-Like Dolls Magazine,
Hello Dolly Magazine and
Discover Dolls Magazine.

I've contributed to two of these magazines but unfortunately, none of them could hold it together.

Life-Like Dolls is still showing an active website and is still accepting paid advertising however, they are NOT in business. Many people, myself included paid for a 2 year subscription and only ever got one issue of the magazine. The owners of the magazine are not responding to contacts through their site or through personal emails. How sad and terribly wrong.

Hello Dolly Magazine ran out of money to operate with.   I believe they kept current on their issues and subscriptions, they just had to close down.

Discover Dolls just never could get the magazine shipped to the USA in a reasonable fashion and also got very much behind in the issues.
Discover Dolls has changed ownership and has changed the magazine name to
Discovering Dolls and Crafts.

 My personal recommendation with any of the doll magazines is to purchase them issue by issue. 


3 comments:

  1. Ahh so that is what happened to my subscription! I always wondered why I never got my second copy. That feels like thiefery (stealing) to me. Ah well, such is life>

    Becks

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what has happened Becks and it's true, it is stealing and it's just not right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The same has happened to me. I subscribed to Life Like Dolls when they first began. They did quite well for the first year then deliveries became irregular and then not at all. It's very disappointing. I don't understand why they just can't be truthful. People react more sympathetically to the truth than hearing nothing at all. I have given up on them completely. I just wonder why they want people to continue to subscribe?

    ReplyDelete