Sunday, September 11, 2011

Tributes

September 11, 2011

Ten years ago today~I remember.

I pay tribute, honor and respect to every single person involved in the tragedies of 9/11.

Silent Tribute for I know not what else to do.

Never Forget.

To add to this day, last night, September 11, 2011 Philippine time, our dear family friend, Daniel Chua passed into Glory and met Our Father.

Dan, who is a wonderful and kind person, was terrified of dolls. We met Dan through an eBay transaction between he and my husband. They were dealing in knives. Dan quickly became a family friend, and I began to terrify him by sharing my love of dolls. They Never Grow Up Nursery was not yet "born" at this time~I was merely enjoying looking at dolls on eBay.

After several years of watching the reborn art, I told Dan, via email, that I think I'd like to see if I can create a life-like reborn doll. Dan said "Go for it Debbie!" so I did.

Dan has help me get started in more ways than I can even list. He even bought a tutorial for me and he created my first website which he ran for the first 6 years that TNGUN was in existence.

Dan taught me so many things about the computer, the internet and about photography. He was a man of all trades.

In the beginning, Dan would re-size all of my photo's for me, preparing them to post on eBay. There was so much that I did not know about the computer and internet that one night, at 3 am, my husband woke up to find me on the living room couch, laptop close by, crying that I could not get the photo's sent to Dan that I NEEDED to send to him. Dear Husband helped out (and also has taught me so much) and I was able to rest. Those were some memorable days of the beginnings of TNGUN. Dan was always right there by my side, offering a helping hand.

He was a true friend.

I pay tribute to Dan. Not so much for what he did for TNGUN, but for the friend he was to me and my family.

Never Forget.




No comments:

Post a Comment