Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Just because I adore Cassie Peek

I finally finished my voting in the 2011 Colliii awards!

Before I left the site though, I came across this article on

CASSIE PEEK

Because I adore her, I wanted to share the article in case you missed it :)

In the nursery, I finished rooting the Aurora sculpt whom I have named Debra. That RDK head was HARD to root. The vinyl just would not grab the hairs each time and it showed more poke holes than I like. The best vinyl to root is German vinyl, like the vinyl produced by Doll Dreams.

As I mentioned earlier, the RDK pink vinyl was horrible to paint too. I am satisfied with how the baby turned out but my goodness I did not have fun bringing her to life!

I am having fun bringing Tatiana by Reva Schick to life though. One can never get enough of Reva's sculpts! She is for the show on October 1st. I'll have to do some major long hours and turbo rooting to get her done. I should finish her paint today if all goes well.

Speaking of German vinyl....remember a very LONG time ago that I said that I would be reborning the prototype baby for Dianna Effner? That poor lady has been through the mill getting that kit produced into German vinyl but finally, she had enough "parts" to send me a complete kit to evaluate. The plan was that if I thought it was a good enough prototype that I would travel to her studio and teach her how to reborn while I reborned the prototype. Part two of that wonderful plan is that her staff will tape the reborning sessions and I can produce my own training DVD.

WELL....let me tell you, I am IN LOVE with this prototype, "Huggy Bear"! He is so very cute! I want to get started on him right away...but I'll stick with the plan. We don't have the travel plans fully sketched out yet but I am thinking sometime in the end of October, first part of November. And I've not yet approved the sneak peeks of the prototype yet with Dianna so~you'll have to wait. ~sigh~

Last night, I started the rooting on the Melody prototype by Laura Tuzio Ross. I am using suri alpaca hair and am loving the results. She probably won't be finished in time for the October 1st show as the rooting is going to take a very long time and, I've got to get Tatiana finished.

Update on my son:
The trip to the oral surgeon yesterday brought some good news and one less tooth that he came home with. The front tooth that was remaining in the upper jaw had to be removed. The chances of it surviving were very small as it was severed from the roots by 1/8 of an inch and setting it back into the position that it once was would only damage the tooth more. So for now, in total of 3 front teeth are gone. The 4th tooth in question has been braced with a pin connecting it to the tooth next to it for stability. That is the one that has the jaw broken around it and it has a very good chance of survival.

The jaw is broken in three places but thankfully, all of the breaks are in the soft tissue so no surgery needs to take place. He has a splint in the roof of his mouth on the left side which will make eating difficult (as if it's not difficult already! LOL) until that splint can be removed. All in all, it will take 6 months for the jaw to heal. Once his gums are healed up from the missing teeth and his lips are healed, the dentist will fit him with a retainer-type set of teeth. When his jaw is completely healed, he will be fitted with whatever type of teeth they decide later...a bridge or some form of permanent teeth. I am a little foggy on the options that are available for that process.

His spirits are good and...he really wants a hamburger! Last night, the whole family ate a soft food meal just to come beside him in support.

Today is my "Friday" but I'll try to pop in on Friday to share a collection baby. I'll root through the weekend as the clock is ticking!

Hugs!



No comments:

Post a Comment