Wednesday, March 23, 2011

IRDA Conference Update and Class INFO








I've been doing some planning on my upcoming "Creating multi-dimensional Skin Tones Using LDC Paints" class that is quickly coming up in June in Walnut Creek California.

I have decided to drop the minimum of 6 students in order to hold the class. I am going to the conference regardless so I will be there to teach 1-12 students.

My classes are always fun! For this class, we will be painting one of Stephanie Sullivan's Micro-Preemie Quads. Each student will receive one complete kit including body and eyes. I will bring all the different sculpts and allow the students to pick between the 4.

Here is the really exciting news:

IF all goes as planned, I am going to be reborning Katharine before the June class. I will video the process and hopefully, I will have a DVD for each student to take home. The technique I use on Katharine will be just like the technique taught in the class with the only change being that Stephanie was out of stock on kits and sent me what she had which is the head and arms in the old darker vinyl and the limbs in the new light vinyl. I will order all kits for the class in the new light vinyl but the DVD will show me neutralizing the dark vinyl to match the light vinyl...a little bonus for my students! Along with the DVD, each student will bring home a printed color guide of the colors used in the class. And each student will bring home the LDC paints that were mixed up in the class for use on more reborns.

I have door prizes all during the TWO DAY class and at the end of the class, I do a drawing for the jars of LDC paints that we used in the class. Those little jars go a long way so the lucky winners of these trial sets will be able to reborn many dolls with what is left from the class.

I love teaching classes, whether group or one-on-one classes. Recently, I shared a gift I received in the mail from one of my one-on-one students. Heather enjoyed her class so much that when she set off to reborn her first baby solo, she felt it important to give him (Jacob) to me to use to show interested students the results they can achieve from my teaching. So in honor of Heather, I am again sharing little Jacob, sculpted by Jessica Schenk and reborned by Heather. He is WONDERFUL! A precious and realistic addition to my collection.





If there are any questions on my upcoming class, don't hesitate to email me at tngun05@gmail.com

I am tentatively planning on having a table of reborns for the Retail Room during the conference but the way things are looking, I don't think I will be able to get any reborns done for that show. The prototypes are coming in...by the truckloads it feels like! I'll tell you more about those tomorrow~it's exciting!!

Happy Wednesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment