Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Sweet gift baby going home...


It is not often that I have the opportunity and ability to "gift" a doll to someone, but I just happened to have been blessed with a small part of making a young woman's dream come true.

Several week ago, a young woman contacted me to ask if there was a possibility of her getting a doll from me, as a gift. She is just 18 yrs old, is ill and there is no money in the family to make her dream of having a reborn baby doll come true.

Like I said, normally I cannot do this and if something else had not happened 2 yrs ago, I still would not be able to do this.

I guess it's been about 2 yrs ago that one of my customer/friends decided to reduce her reborn and doll collection. She does not maneuver well on the internet so she sent a lot of dolls to me to find homes for, which I did, except for this one. My customer/friend really loved this doll and she hoped that some day I could do something special with her. The poor baby basically had no color left on her face and was poorly weighted. I stored her away thinking that "someday" I'll do something with her...and then the email came. I knew it was a perfect match.

This is what she looked like before I began to work on her:

And here she is now:


I only worked on her head and re-stuffed her body. I colored and glossed her lips and mouth, re-painted her facial creases and blushed her. I trimmed her long lashes too.




I think she is beautiful and cuddly now and cannot wait until she arrives to her new mommy. She is shipping out today :)


~Other Nursery updates~

I will be setting up the auction for Nicky Jack this morning, and also one for 10" Alaytheea.


I'll post the links on the blog tomorrow but if you are really impatient, my eBay ID is redcar_99

Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment