Thursday, December 9, 2010

The fall kid mohair has arrived!

Remember way back this late summer/early fall, I said that I went to the goat farm and purchased yearling and adult hair, but I was only able to pre-select the kid hair while it was still on the kids? Well the kids were shorn a bit later and the hair finally became available for me to buy. Whooo-Hoooo am I excited! This was the first time that I ever selected the hair while it was still on the goat and I am pleased to say that...I did a good job! LOL The hair is amazing and I can't wait to "play" with it.

Since it is winter now and travel is difficult, samples of the pre-selected locks were sent to me in the mail and after approval, a box of 6 3/4 lbs of kid hair arrived! The hair from one of the baby goats is a natural light chocolate brown. I really can't wait to get my paws on that batch! This Sunday is my Gallery sitting day so I'll be working with the new hair then and will have some to offer on Tuesday and Wednesday.

In other news:

Yesterday was a great day! The sun was shining, I had Christmas music streaming from Pandora Radio, I re-weighted little Nicky Jack (I was not fully satisfied with his weight the day before), I did a little work on a doll that a friend sent me to find a new home for (she is going to a young lady of 18yrs who is ill), and I prepped Dimples with Genesis Matte Varnish for paint today. Oh! And last night I got a lot of rooting done on Robyn. She has a silver dollar size circle on the back of her head left...that's it! I have to pinch myself as I can't believe I am almost done with her.

Tomorrow is our big trip to the city for shopping. We hope to finish up the Christmas list :)

I'll post some pictures of my personal collection babies dressed in their holiday finest tomorrow but I'll be taking Saturday off. We have friends coming to visit and I'm super excited about that!

See you back here on Sunday!
Hugs!
Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment