Wednesday, June 9, 2010

WOW! Dubai shock!

This was in my inbox this morning:

Dear Debbie


First of all I would like to thank you for responding so quickly to our requests regarding participation in the Dubai Doll Exhibition during Dubai Summer Festival.

Unfortunately, after months of organization and preparation on our part, the Dubai Shopping Festival has decided to cancel the Doll Exhibition for this season. I realize this has caused many of you some inconvenience.

I apologize for the late information, as we were only informed today that due to decreases in the Shopping Festival Committee's budget, this event along with others have been cancelled.

I hope that Enigma can continue to look to you for support in the projects we have in the future.

Warmest Regards & Sincerest Apologies,


Fatma Ebrahim
Chief Executive Officer
Enigma Event Management & Floral Design
P.O.Box:79499
Tel:+9714-3411113
Fax:+9714-3412333
Mobile:+97150-5526662
www.enigma.ae


What can I say? I am stunned...in some manner, but since I had not heard from the organizers for two weeks, I did have a feeling things were not going well.

I can say that I will have a whole lot more money now and TIME! Whoooo-Hooooo! (Huh..I JUST took all the tags off my new clothes yesterday. I should have kept them on one more day to return the items that I probably won't wear in my everyday life. Buggers.)
I love time by the way! I think I will see if I can reschedule my trip to Missouri to teach Dianna Effner to reborn later this month. That will be awesome!

I will have my passport and can go visit my dear friend Angie in Canada now. :)

I can offer babies up for sale again outside of eBay. :)

I can take my DH to the airport this weekend for his trip to Vegas. I had told him I would not because I had so much to do to get ready for Dubai.

~sigh~ No longer a world traveler. This too shall pass.

7 comments:

  1. Well I don't know what to say...except it is kind of a bummer!!??
    Sorry
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's really a bummer! You seem to have taken the news with a brave heart though. Maybe things will work out better this way. Sorry you didn't get to go, I know you were looking forward to it.

    Hugs,
    Janene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear the bad news about your trip. I hope you can arrange to go somewhere else. I wish you could visit me on a little Island of England and teach me to reborn LOL!! You babies are so beautiful, would love to own one one day.
    Keep sharing your wonderful blog with us.
    Take care
    Hayley

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry about this! I know how excited you were, but like you said now you have more time...but dang it...all those new clothes and nowhere to go...maybe DH and you can take a vacation...I gotta get a passport, I have a dear friend in Canada too that I would love to see. BIG HUGS....sorry about the cancellation...how disappointing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aside from the luxury of having more time this may be a blessing in disguise. I was very uneasy for your safety from the moment I first read about your trip. (I know....I'm not trying to get all weird or anything but...) Anyway, we are glad to have you here!
    Best regards,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry! I know you were looking forward to this and it was a very exciting opportunity. Can't snub the gift of time, though, can we. ;-)

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, I was so disappointed... I felt like a spare part for a couple of days, and I too, had just bought some new clothes, which I probably will never wear!! Lets keep our fingers crossed for next year! X

    ReplyDelete