Thursday, June 24, 2010

Prototype Noah progress pictures


Yes, he is AA/Ethnic! From the first time I saw his sweet little face, I saw an AA baby in him.

I had drug out the Genesis paints for him.

This is his first picture after day one. His head is not colored yet as I had to strip it. The color just want not going on well and I ran out of time.

Day two picture~I had to strip his head TWO more times! I was just having problems. I told myself after stripping that head the first time this day that if I had to strip it again, I was going to strip his limbs and make him a white baby. I had to strip it again. I took the head and the limbs to the kitchen, got out the LDC cleaner, picked up a cotton ball and a leg but just could not bring myself to stripping his limbs! So back to the nursery I went (after stripping his head for a third time) and finally, I got my paint mixture right and colored his head.

And here he is after day 3. He's got more shading and detail overall but I have quite a bit yet to do. I hope to finish his paint on Sunday.



His little custom knit sweater from the UK. I THOUGHT it was coming from Australia. I was just confused.

Noah's base color is made up of Flesh #2, Burnt Umber and Carbon Black. Of course, I have a couple different shades of this mixture made up...some more brown, some more black and I have my full pallet of all the other colors available to dabble as I go. I use Genesis Thinning Gel, not odorless thinner on my babies.

Dolly hugs!

7 comments:

  1. He looks fab! I don't use the thinning gel...just doesn't work for me.
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's gorgeous, by-the-way

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep in mind I'm new to rebornning (not even adequated as yet)...what type paint are you using that allows you to paint him while he's put together? I'm guess it's not heat-set, is that right?
    Thanks,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful coloring!! Which do you like better Air Dry or Genesis?

    ReplyDelete
  5. arh debbie that litle set i made for him realy does fit him a treat , carnt wait to see him finished
    all the best for him
    http://craftsbychris.webs.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. SueAnn, using the gel does make for a much different approach to using the Genesis paints. Isn't it great that there are different methods for us to find what works for us? We are blessed!

    Thank you Ladyburd :) To clear up your confusion, I AM using Genesis Heat Set paints on Noah. I have his body generally weighted so that at the end of the day, I can quickly pop his limbs and head onto it in order to take progress pictures. Then his vinyl parts come back off and go back onto the painting table until the next time I paint. So he is not assembled when I am painting.

    Dessa Rae, my favorite paint is the LDC air dry paint OVER a primer of Genesis Matte Varnish~unless I am doing an AA/dark baby. Then I prefer the Genesis paints as I have not quite perfected my coloring with the LDC paints for AA babies. I have used them for AA babies and found wonderful homes for all the babies but I've been too short on time lately to experiment and since Noah is a prototype, I thought I better work with what I know. And thank you!! :)

    Yes Chris~it's just perfect for him!!! Thank you so much for your wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i have noah on watch , hope he does well for you

    ReplyDelete