Sunday, June 20, 2010

Mohair available and update on test of Delta sealer and Sili/vinyl

Well we had a grand time away yesterday with the horses and now I am back to work??? No, not really! I am taking today off from nursery work to tackle clutter and dust bunnies in this house! I just can't stand it any more!

But~I'll do this much work; my blog!

I have some gorgeous colors of mohair available:

~Mohair on Artfire~

and I want to talk a little bit about the test I did with the Delta All Purpose sealer on Silicone/vinyl dolls. The test failed. Miserably!

The limb looked good at first, even though after I painted it with the LDC paints, I had to apply another 3 layers of Delta to it to take away the sheen and stickiness. (the sheen and sticky was not from the paints but from the Delta) I let the leg sit on the shelf until the other day. EWE! It was terrible! The limb was sticky and the paint had gooed together showing no definition. It looked nothing like the limb I had tested on last spring using the Genesis Matte Varnish and LDC paints. That leg still looks and feels beautiful. So, if you want to use LDC paints on a silicone/vinyl doll, you really do have to coat the doll with Genesis Matte Varnish first, bake it, allow it to cool and then paint with LDC paints. Here is a doll I first tried this with, an Alex sculpt by Linda Webb. She was beautiful and won the 2009 Tiny Treasure Reborn of the year award.

Have a super Sunday and give all those Dads a hug!

2 comments:

  1. I need a doll JUST LIKE THIS FOR MY "BABY Jesus" in my Manger (for the Holidays)...minus the bow, obviously! ;) She's Gorgeous! WELL DONE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jessica. This precious one is sold but I do have an open eyed version on my website at www.theynevergrowupnursery.com under "Available reborns".
    Christmas hugs!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete