Sunday, June 27, 2010

No direction in the blog today.


I know that I must have a lot of things to post about but I just can't find direction today. I've been on the computer now for almost 2 hours just waiting for THE subject to hit me. It hasn't.

So I guess I will just show off some quick shots of Angelica/Kendall and Kristaleta that I took yesterday. I had a free dolly afternoon so changed some of my babies and moved babies around, including these two.

I've got miles and miles yet to go on Kendall's hair. I've started putting my mohair at the entire front/bang line of her hair while the rest will be human hair. I am loving the combined look.






I had a good time playing with them! I wish I had more room! Of course, Kristaleta will go home when her layaway is complete and Kendall will find a home someday too~if I EVER get her done! LOL And IF I can part with her!

Maybe tomorrow I'll talk about shading and painting techniques. Not into it today but tomorrow might be good :) Are there any subjects on the minds of my followers that I can post on?

Hugs for Sunday~
Debbie

5 comments:

  1. They are both adorable!! Kristaleta would make an adorable elf or fairy :) Don't know why that stands out to me, but she would.

    Have you ever done any painted hair? That's something I need to learn more about. lol I've done a few, but mostly under rooting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debbie,
    I hope it's alright to pose questions to you here. It must be such an honor to be asked to create a finished prototype. I know that much of the success of a new kits sales are due to the wonderful job you do bringing these little ones to life.
    I have been wondering about the artists that paint prototypes. Do they have to buy the kit they paint? Do they have to split the money they make from the sale with the sculptor or is that their fee? If so is that their only payment?
    Thanks for sharing all you do with us.
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are amazing Debbie, I'm still sad we are not in Dubai at this very time!!
    Hope your inspiration comes back at ya another day :O)
    Abi x

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look fabulous Debbie!!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know Sabriam~Kristaleta WOULD make a darling fairy child! Did you buy a Kristaleta kit? Can you sculpt fairy ears??? OH that would be such fun!

    Yes Sabriam, I have just done painted hair on a couple of babies and I do have a painted hair tutorial (unfortunately it's a basic tutorial and it was for hair that would be rooted on top of) on the blog back in the archives. I am going to see if I can add a "search" bar to help bloggers find old posts.

    Sure Kate, it is perfectly fine to post questions here. I think I will just put up your question and my answer as today's post (instead of talking about shading etc). GREAT question!

    Thanks ladies for always popping in!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete